Saturday, March 13, 2010

Nametwins in Barcelona!


{{Muertos de risa, vivimos la vida}}

Early this morning, I had to see off and say goodbye for the second time to Vicky, one of my closest friends from Peru. She was one of the Germans who worked with Munaychay and we got to be very close while I was working there. She's funny, fun, creative, adventurous, and a total sweetheart. She stayed in Urubamba until early February and returned just a bit after the big floods hit the Sacred Valley.

She came to Barcelona this Wednesday and we enjoyed a whirlwind three days together. It was amazing having her here, showing her around my city, wandering the narrow streets of el Raval together, exploring various tapas restaurants, reminiscing about Peru, making new memories together. It's so special that I was able to see one of my international friends from Peru again; it's going to be so hard for us, as we're spread out across the world, to see each other, and it's so hard to think that after making such amazing friendships in such a short time, it would be possible to not see that person again. Peru was so perfect in that respect, and I can never fully believe how I made such strong friendships with such special people there, and at times I wish I could go back and live it again, be there, watch the time go by more slowly, just so I wouldn't have to say my goodbyes. But seeing Vicky again in another country, another city, laughing together again, making new memories together, all of that reminded me that it is possible, that we can see the people we truly love again, no matter the distance that separates us, we simply have to never lose the contact with those who are important in our lives.

All in all, I couldn't be happier that my darling nametwin came to Barcelona to start off many more years of post-Urubamba fun together!

No comments:

Post a Comment